During the COVID-19 Pandemic, our Hatzolah Responders are ready to respond to your Medical Emergencies. However, as with other first responders and ambulance paramedics, they are putting the wellbeing and lives of themselves and their families at risk with every call they attend.
Please Help Look After Us So We Can Look After You by cooperating with the following:
- Answer all the questions that you are asked by Hatzolah’s Dispatcher and Ambulance Victoria, Clearly and Openly. If there is other information you feel is relevant, please supply it to the Dispatcher or the Responders before they approach you.
- Have the minimum number of people in the room or vicinity of the patient.
- Unless you are the patient, stay away from the scene if you have been exposed to a COVID-19 patient, have been overseas in the past 14 days, are unwell in any way, in quarantine or living with someone in quarantine.
- Please wait for Responders to approach your location – do not approach them.
- Have your phone charged and ready to answer Hatzolah or Ambulance Victoria.
- Please answer any No Caller ID phone calls.
Hatzolah Melbourne is pulling out all stops to keep our Responders and their families safe. Ultimately we need your help to succeed.
Please only call Hatzolah for emergencies. If you suspect you or a family member has coronavirus you should call (not visit) your GP or ring the national Coronavirus Health Information Hotline on 1800 020 080. For more information about the coronavirus visit: https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/coronavirus